Seeing, Peeking, Viewing.
We'd like to share a little bit of our world with yours.
Motherhood, watching Freedom grow & other delightful things!
A generation of awareness & authenticity, LAUGHTER & LOVE.

12.19.2010

Rainbow Brighten up your Kitchen

"I like my apple pie sweet & my whiskey neat, and I always wear an apron while I bake!"Sew, I finished up my very first full kitchen apron and took some snazzy pics of my great friend MamaZshanna (she's a hottie mchotterson kind of stay at home mom designer artisan extraordinaire) modeling it for me. It was a really fun project, partly because I didn't exactly follow a pattern, but did use the tutorial and guide for a sewing made fun, retro apron I found here and partly because once I started, my momentum was flying & I was so anxious to get it done, that it went pretty fast. Twas' my first time ever experimenting with bias tape & I must say, it went smoother than I expected. Trick is to go ridiculously slow as you attach the bias tape, it's kind of a tedious step, but the end result is a smashingingly, clean, crisply trimmed & professional looking apron! For the fabulous main fabric, I used a piece of the clean/reusable section from a vintage 1980's Rainbow Brite bed sheet (that had paint splattered across parts of it), that I had scored on a thrifting adventure a couple years ago and had been saving specifically for a unique sewing project. I'm just thrilled with how this apron turned out & proud for challenging myself to sew this style apron for my first ever apron! Oh yah, and it's reversible. I used some delightfully bright shades of green new fabric to coordinate with the vintage fabric. I just adore incorporating materials that already exist & upcycling them into the things I create! It makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. This apron made by me, is available for purchase here in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...