Seeing, Peeking, Viewing.
We'd like to share a little bit of our world with yours.
Motherhood, watching Freedom grow & other delightful things!
A generation of awareness & authenticity, LAUGHTER & LOVE.

1.20.2011

My Orange Crush

I have just a teeny tiny obsession with all things vintage. I mostly just window shop online, swooning over etsy goodness & obsessing over things that delight me, but occasionally I'll take the plunge and actually indulge myself on a little something. I could get seriously giddy over things from just about any historic era, love antiques, love vintage cars, vintage ads, vintage fabrics, unique European designed things, kitchenware, furniture, art, you get the picture, but I probably have the biggest passion for mid-century/circa 1940's-60's, the Mad Men (love that show btw) type household goodies. I also have just a teeny tiny obsession with tea, both hot & iced. I drink ice tea pretty much daily. Yowsas! Bright fun accent colors in my kitchen make me smile too! So, naturally I really should treat myself to this fabulous orange vintage tea kettle from the etsy shop Linea72, now shouldn't I?


Yes, please, Polly, put the wondorously unique cheery vintage European orange kettle on, and we'll all have deliriously happy tea.
P.S. We won't mention too loudly here that my husband partner man of the house dude also recently sent me into tea kettle depression when he left the stove burner, with my cute current red kettle sitting on it, on all day when none of us were home, burning it, discoloring it and ruining it's appearance. Luckily though, his wee (moment of dementia) mishap did not burn down our house, and a kettle can be replaced. Rightfully so, I'm due for some replacement tea kettle love real soon.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love the kettle, but I almost love the photo of the kettle more! Is that wierd? Maybe I should hang a photo collage of vintage tea kettles in my kitchen. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, hi darlin'! That is funny you should say that, because I actually just found some vintage wall paper the other day, that has tea kettles & other kitchenesque things on it & I thought oooh, I'm gonna cut out a piece and just frame it, for the wall in my kitchen. I think that your kettle collage sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...