Seeing, Peeking, Viewing.
We'd like to share a little bit of our world with yours.
Motherhood, watching Freedom grow & other delightful things!
A generation of awareness & authenticity, LAUGHTER & LOVE.

8.16.2008

'Naptural' Organic Locs Begin




I believe "the locks" symbolize some of the changes in my life, partly arising from my new role as a mother, or just a new/next phase in my journey. I have never really felt very connected to my hair, so this change feels good and like I've found a way to wear my hair that will hopefully be more comfortable to me. This is something that has been manifesting itself within me for sometime now, close to 10 years probably. So, the process in a sense began many moons ago, but as with anyone interested in working healthy and organic locks into their hair, it takes time to nurture the change and be ready to begin the actual locking process. Robin has many clients who have locked their hair many times prior to finally resting on letting them truly grow and remain a part of them. I'm anxious, but patiently ready to learn to maintain and care for my "naptural" locs and see what happens. The interesting thing is that my hair naturally locks so having Robin pattern or organize that into more of a style seemed to make sense to me, so I could stop fighting the knots, frustration with, and normal mess of hair. I definitely don't think I could of started them alone, as I had always felt uneasy about understanding the process of "ethnic" hair, having never really been exposed to women who work with and have ethnic hair styles. Thank you for sharing your time to read my thoughts. Namaste.

For more info on dreads...

2 comments:

  1. wow.....gorgeous!!! can't wait to follow your journey, brooke!

    xoxo cousin stac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a change and what an a amazing metaphor for the place you are at right now! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...