Seeing, Peeking, Viewing.
We'd like to share a little bit of our world with yours.
Motherhood, watching Freedom grow & other delightful things!
A generation of awareness & authenticity, LAUGHTER & LOVE.

2.26.2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I did an Eric Carle's 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' theme for my son's playdate birthday party. This is the caterpillar cake & cupcakes I made. :)
The cake is just a store bought white cake mix, super simple, and I used a tub of regular store bought frosting and just added drops of red food coloring until it was the color I liked.  I did the eyes, nose & cupcake green frosting the same way and added green M&M's for some texture.  Our market has a cupcake bakery area & the lady baker gave me a small cup full of just green M&M's that she had in  their supply of treat toppings.  So, I didn't have to pick green M's out of a package.  Lucky me!
I colored those small wooden craft spoons purple for the antennas, and gently inserted them a couple inches into the cake.  The candy surrounding the cake is an assortment of M&M's and Skittles.

"The next day was Sunday again. The caterpillar ate through one nice green leaf, and after that he felt much better." -VHC

  :: These are the little egg carton caterpillar crafts each party goer created to take home!  I just saved up cartons for awhile before the party, had them pre-painted (a project my son & I did together), and then brought the embellishments for the kids to use to make their own unique caterpillar (snake, dragon, centipede, worm).
 Caterpillar balloon surprise!
I used small pieces of masking tape to hold the balloon caterpillar together & to hang it to the wall.  The face is just card stock I colored with markers & cut out into face pieces and taped on.
 "On Saturday he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon.
That night he had a stomachache!" -VHC
 :: Little caterpillar decor I setup for my boy's party.  Party favors included a large rainbow swirl lollipop & stickers and of course they each took home the eco-friendly caterpillar craft they made!

Happy 3rd Birthday to my Little Caterpillar!
I made him this special felt birthday crown too!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...